You love your car. You spend countless hours hand-tailoring it to your specific tastes and needs, just so you can get behind the wheel and experience life like never before. But what if you could have any vehicle in the world, as long as it had straight wheels, and you could drive it without fear of sudden collisions? That’s the premise behind strut mounting — a technique that allows users to customize their vehicles’ exterior body parts to achieve a desired effect. The strut is basically the curved portion of a car’s axle that connects the frame rails to its wheel hubs. Angleing the strut has several benefits, including creating more interior space by adding height, improving handling, and hiding ugly crevices or protruding parts. There are numerous reasons why someone would want to give their car an aggressive appearance; some people use them for performance purposes, while others do so for aesthetic appeal. Regardless of your reason for wanting to upstage other drivers with strong tires and rims, there are ways that you can trick your ride into looking how you want it to look without going overboard.
How To Quiet Noisy Strut Mounts
- The first thing to do when dealing with noisy strut mounts is to check the condition of the bushings. These are small rubber parts that connect the strut to the frame of the vehicle. If these bushings are worn, cracked, or otherwise damaged, they can cause a lot of noise when driving. Inspecting and replacing them as needed can help reduce the noise.
- Next, check to see if there is any debris or dirt around the strut mount that could be causing it to rattle. If so, clean it out and apply a lubricant like WD-40 to reduce friction and quiet down the sound.
- If cleaning and lubricating don’t help, it may be time to replace the strut mounts. Strut mounts should be replaced in pairs and they should match the make and model of your vehicle. Make sure you purchase ones that are designed for your car as this will ensure a proper fit and reduce any potential noise issues.
- When installing new strut mounts, it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully. Make sure that all of the parts are securely tightened and that no bolts, nuts or washers have been left loose. Proper installation will help reduce noise and ensure a smooth ride.
- Lastly, if you find that the strut mounts are still noisy, then you may need to replace the shock absorbers as well. The shock absorbers can wear out over time, causing rattling and noise when driving. Replacing them with new ones will help reduce the noise from your strut mounts and give you a much smoother ride.
- It’s important to keep your strut mounts in good condition, as they play an important role in ensuring a safe and comfortable ride. By following these steps, you can help reduce noise from your strut mounts and get the most out of your vehicle. With the right maintenance and care, you can enjoy a smooth and quiet ride for years to come!
- If you are still experiencing noise from your strut mounts and have tried all of the above steps, it is best to take your vehicle to a professional mechanic. They can look at the problem in more detail and advise on the best solution for you.
Why You Should Use Strut Mounting
1. Improved Vehicle Performance
Strut mounting is an effective way to improve the suspension performance of your car by replacing damaged or worn out strut mounts. This will ensure a smoother, more comfortable ride with reduced vibration and noise.
2. More Control
When you replace your vehicle’s strut mount, you will notice improved control in the handling of your car. A better suspension system can improve the overall handling of your car, allowing you to take turns and curves more easily and confidently.
3. Reduced Wear
If you’re replacing damaged or worn out strut mounts, it will help reduce wear on other parts of the vehicle’s suspension system such as coil springs and struts.
4. Improved Safety
When you replace your strut mounts, it helps keep the car’s suspension system in good condition which can help improve overall safety. Strut mounts help hold the wheels in place for better traction and braking power, reducing the risk of an accident or loss of control.
5. Improved Tire Wear
Damaged or worn out strut mounts can cause uneven tire wear, which can be dangerous and expensive to repair. Replacing your strut mount will help keep your tires in good condition and improve their overall lifespan.
6. Reduced Cost of Repairs
By replacing your strut mount before it gets too damaged, you can save yourself a lot of money in the long run. Having to replace worn out parts such as coil springs or struts can be significantly more expensive than replacing just the strut mount.
7. Increased Resale Value
If you plan to sell your car at some point, keeping it in good condition is essential for getting the most out of it. Replacing the strut mount is an easy and effective way to keep your car in good condition and improve its resale value.
8. Improved Comfort
If you replace your vehicle’s worn out or damaged strut mount, it can help reduce vibration and noise from the suspension system for a more comfortable ride. This will make your overall driving experience much more pleasant.
9. Improved Ride Quality
Replacing your strut mount will improve the quality of ride you get from your vehicle. You’ll notice a smoother ride and better handling, making it easier to take turns and curves at higher speeds.
10. Easier Maintenance
If you replace your strut mount regularly, it will make future maintenance of the suspension system much easier. You’ll be able to easily identify any issues that arise with the struts or other parts of the suspension system and fix them quickly. This will help save time and money in the long run.
Where To Start With Your Strut
1. Research strut types
Research strut types to determine which one is the best fit for your project. Look at factors such as load capacity, length, and material before making a decision. Once you have narrowed down your choices, make sure you double-check compatibility with other components of the system.
2. Measure for the strut
When you know what type of strut to use, measure the length and width of the area where it will be installed. This will help you determine the size of strut that is needed.
3. Purchase your strut
Once you have taken all measurements and researched which type of strut is suitable for your needs, purchase the strut from a trusted manufacturer. Make sure you purchase all necessary fittings as well, such as mounting brackets and screws.
4. Install the strut
Once you have everything, follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to install your strut correctly. Be aware of safety precautions, such as wearing protective gear and ensuring that the area is free of hazards before beginning installation. Make sure you consult a professional if you are unsure of anything, as safety is paramount.
5. Test your strut
After the strut has been installed, test it thoroughly to make sure it is working properly and can handle the load that will be placed on it. This step should not be skipped in order to ensure the safety of those who will use the system.
6. Maintain the strut
Regularly inspect and maintain your strut to ensure it is in good condition. Make sure you replace any worn or damaged components right away, as this will help prevent future issues.
If you’ve ever wanted to give your car a more aggressive appearance, but didn’t know where to start, this guide is for you. You should begin by inspecting your vehicle for any raw areas, sharp edges, or protruding pieces that may be causing you problems. Once you have the areas sanded down, it’s time to select the right hinge point on your car. Once you do, all you need to do is find a spot that is perpendicular to the direction the rails are extending, and place a mounting plate at that location.