Refrigeration equipment is in operation 24/7. Although it has been made to be highly reliable, even a high-quality device can fail at any time. This may happen due to various reasons. And you should be ready and know how to deal with such situations.
Many people are wondering, “If I’m looking for an appliance repair Brampton service and there isn’t one near me, how can I diagnose the breakdown myself?” In this review, you will learn why appliances break down, how to repair a refrigerator, and what their main and frequent malfunctions are.
Frequent Breakdowns Of Refrigerators
Despite the fact that refrigeration equipment is made from high-quality and certified materials, it can break for a number of reasons. Here are the main ones:
- The technique is used beyond its capabilities;
- The equipment has been operating at max parameters for a long time;
- Consumables were not replaced at the right time;
- The equipment was not properly maintained;
- The equipment has been misused.
It often happens that breakdowns happen due to improper operation and lack of timely maintenance of equipment. As a result of the prolonged operation of a device with malfunctions, it begins to break down. There are a couple of popular breakdowns that can most often happen during the operation of refrigeration equipment.
Causes Of Refrigerator Breakdowns
Depending on the device quality, the refrigerator can break both in the first months of operation and after a few years. Many appliance models serve without problems for many years and break only at the peak of their service life. But when buying refrigeration equipment, you cannot know exactly how long it will work. However, it is worth considering the main breakdowns that you may encounter.
- Refrigerant leak. This problem may occur due to mechanical damage that led to a leak. Oil stains can indicate the presence of this problem. Also, a refrigerant leak is possible when refuelling over the norm – excess liquid flows out during operation. Both factors are eliminated by diagnosing and repairing damaged areas of the appliance.
- The appliance is too cold. This problem may occur due to a freon leak or a broken thermostat. If in the first case, it is possible to identify the focus during a visual inspection of the refrigerator, then in the second case, professional diagnostics are required.
- The refrigerator doesn’t turn on. The cause of this kind of malfunction can be associated with many factors. Only a qualified specialist can identify the issue after a complete diagnosis of the device. Most often, refrigeration equipment stops working due to a breakdown of the start relay, the control module, or an open circuit in the power plug.
In order for the refrigerator to serve for a long time without causing inconvenience, it is recommended not to neglect its service. Cleaning, replacement of consumables, and working units are simple actions that will increase the lifespan of the equipment several times.