The old-fashioned look of vinyl floors has its appeal. But the downside is that these floors tend to be a little dull and dingy. Fortunately, there are simple solutions you can try at home to bring back the luster of your flooring. Lemon juice acts as a great neutralizing agent; it’s also used as a natural bleach and will lighten those dark spots on your floor. Vinegar is a wonderful deodorizer and anti-bacterial agent. Honey is known for its natural properties that help it cut through grease. Here’s how you can make your vinyl floors shine again with these ingredients!
How To Make Vinyl Floors Shine Naturally?
Dish Soap And Hot Water
While dish soap may not be the first thing you think of when you want to clean your floors, it actually works wonders! The surfactants in dish soap can break down the adhesives in the old vinyl, allowing it to be easily cleaned off the floor. Hot water will help to soften the vinyl and dissolve the soap more effectively. Using a soft-bristled mop, you can clean the whole floor and have it sparkling again in no time. The only drawback to using dish soap is that it can leave a residue on your floor. This is why it’s important to rinse the floor well and allow it to dry completely before walking on it. If you’re looking for a more permanent solution, however, then read on.
Baking Soda And Vinegar
Baking soda and vinegar are a great combination for cleaning your vinyl floors. The baking soda will help to lift the grime and dirt off the floor, and the vinegar will help to neutralize the alkalinity of the soda to prevent any damage to the flooring. Baking soda is surprisingly effective at removing discoloration from your vinyl floors! It contains oxalic acid, a natural bleaching agent that can be used to both remove and discolor marks from your vinyl. Baking soda is a fantastic cleaning product for vinyl floors, but it can be damaging if left on the surface for too long. To prevent this, vinegar is added to the formula to neutralize any alkalinity left over by the baking soda. To make this cleaning solution, mix one tablespoon of baking soda with one teaspoon of vinegar. Using a soft-bristled broom or a soft microfiber cloth, scrub the mixture onto your vinyl floor, and then rinse with warm water.
Olive oil is not only great for your heart; it can also be applied to your vinyl floors to restore their shine and remove scratches and discoloration. As with the baking soda and vinegar formula, olive oil contains oxalic acid that can be used to bring your old vinyl back to life. You can apply the oil with a soft microfiber cloth and then wipe away any excess with a dry cloth to prevent the oil from staining your floor. You may notice that the floor feels slightly sticky, but this will disappear as the oil dries. One thing to note about using olive oil on your vinyl floors is that it doesn’t smell too nice. If you’re worried about the scent then you can try another natural ingredient. To make this cleaning solution, mix one tablespoon of olive oil with one tablespoon of baking soda, and then pour the mixture into a spray bottle. Spray it onto your floor, and then wipe away any excess with a soft microfiber cloth.
Salt And Sugar
If you want to make your vinyl floor shimmer, then try this simple cleaning solution that is as easy to make as it is effective. The sugar in this recipe will act as an abrasive, giving your floor a deep clean and removing stubborn stains and discolorations. Salt will help to break down the adhesives holding the old vinyl in place, making the job even easier. To make this cleaning solution, mix one tablespoon of salt with two tablespoons of sugar. Sprinkle it onto your vinyl floor and then sweep it with a soft broom. You can also try combining this cleaning solution with the next one to create an even more effective cleaning formula.
Dried Coffee Grounds
You might think that coffee is bad for your health, but it’s also great for cleaning your floors! Coffee grounds have a lot of acids that make them perfect for stripping away dirt and grime from your vinyl floors. The grounds are also very absorbent, so they can be used to soak up spills and stains, making them even more useful. To make this cleaning solution, you need to buy some ground coffee, but don’t use the good stuff! Just pour the coffee grounds into a container and leave it to dry out completely. Once it’s completely dry, you can sprinkle it on your vinyl floor and sweep it into the cracks and grooves. To make this cleaning solution even more effective, you can add some baking soda to the mixture. One tablespoon of each should be enough.
How To Use Lemon Juice To Shine Your Vinyl Floors?
- You can use lemon juice to clean your floors, but you don’t want to leave it on your floors. Instead, you want to clean your floors with lemon juice and then wipe the lemon juice away immediately.
- You can use lemon juice to clean your floors by adding 1 cup of lemon juice to 1 gallon of water. You only want to use this cleaning solution on your tiled or wood floors because it can damage your carpet.
- Using this cleaning solution, mop your floors and then wipe them down with a clean rag or sponge. You can also use lemon juice to clean your countertops and windows.
How To Use Vinegar To Shine Your Vinyl Floors?
- You can use vinegar to clean your vinyl floors, but you don’t want to leave it on the floors. Once you’ve applied the vinegar, you want to wipe it away immediately.
- Using vinegar to clean your vinyl floors, you can add 1 cup of vinegar to 1 gallon of water. You can use this cleaning solution on your tiled or wood floors, but it is not recommended for use on your carpet.
- Using this cleaning solution, mop your floors and then wipe them down with a clean rag or sponge. You can also use vinegar to clean your countertops and windows.
How To Use Honey To Shine Your Vinyl Floors?
- Honey is a naturally sweet, sticky substance that will help you clean and shine your vinyl floors. Honey can help break down the dirt and grime on your floors and leave them shiny and clean.
- You can use raw honey to clean your floors, but you don’t want to leave it on your floors. Instead, you want to clean your floors with honey and then wipe it away immediately.
- You can use honey to clean your floors by adding 1/2 cup of honey to 1 gallon of water. You can use this cleaning solution on your tiled or wood floors, but do not use it on your carpet.
- Using this cleaning solution, mop your floors and then wipe them down with a clean rag or sponge.
Vinyl floors are a great option for many rooms in your home because they are durable and easy to maintain. However, they can get dirty over time, leaving them less attractive than they were when they were new. Cleaning your vinyl floors is an essential part of their upkeep, and there are many different ways to do so. You can use olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, or honey to clean your vinyl floors and make them shine again.